Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Finally – Almost Settled!

It seems as though this last move my husband and I made took longer than it should have, but we're finally in our new house in South Carolina. Although we have all our stuff here, there's still a garage full of boxes and some things I can't figure out where to place. But that's okay. We're in our house, our SC driver's licenses are in our wallets, and I have enough pots and pans to cook and dishes to serve them on.

South Carolina is such a beautiful state, but until our younger daughter and her husband moved here I never even thought about making it home. We actually considered North Carolina when our older daughter and her husband moved there, but after visiting her for 10 very cold January days a few years ago I knew it wouldn't be a good place for me. At least here we're closer to our granddaughters than we were in Florida.

Now I'd like to celebrate our move by offering a giveaway. If you are interested in any of my books that I have on hand, please send me a link to a post where you mention Dixie Belle in the Uptown Belles series with Charisma House. This can be on Facebook, Goodreads, your blog, your website, or any other social media that you use regularly. I'll draw three names, and if you're one of them, I'll and send you a list of books to choose from.

Send the link to my email address: DebbyMayne@gmail.com



Here's the blurb for Dixie Belle:
Cissy Hillwood needs to leave her Alabama hometown to escape her abusive boyfriend, so she accepts an offer to work for her Uncle Forest in New York City. Sparks fly when she meets Forest’s fiercest competitor, Tom Jenkins, but her uncle does not approve of their budding romance.

Tom is a Christian at night and on weekends, but he seems to leave his faith at the door when he gets to work. Yet the more time he spends with Cissy, the more he begins to question and reevaluate his business ethics.


As Cissy tries to keep her relationship with Tom a secret from her Uncle Forest, misunderstandings mount and conflicts arise, forcing Cissy to make a decision. Which should she choose: loyalty to her uncle or love for Tom?

No comments: